RCCC Graduation Information
1333 Jake Alexander Blvd., South
Post Office Box 1595
Salisbury, North Carolina 28145
Dear Future Graduate
Congratulations soon-to-be graduate of Rowan-Cabarrus Community College! As you approach this important milestone in your life, the faculty and staff at Rowan-Cabarrus celebrate your success. Your graduation ceremony is a significant event and we make every effort to plan a memorable occasion that honors your accomplishments and makes you proud.
You are receiving this letter because you have either already completed your program requirements, or we expect that you will complete your program requirements during either the spring 2017 or the summer 2017 semesters. Please note that this communication does not guarantee that you have or will meet all academic requirements for graduation, and participation in the graduation ceremony is not an indication of having completed graduation requirements.
This year’s graduation ceremony is on Friday, May 12, 2017, at 4 p.m. at the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center located off Highway 49 in Concord, N.C. Students should arrive by 2 p.m. Please mark your calendars! For directions, please visit the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center website. We will notify you if we make changes to the graduation ceremony and you can always check our website for updated information. Please see the important ceremony information below.
On behalf of all of the faculty and staff at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your successful Journey to Completion. It has been a privilege to support your achievements and to help you build your sustainable future. We will always be here for you and your family and we look forward to the continuation of your success story!
Janet N. Spriggs
Chief Operating Officer
Division of Student Success & Service Excellence
Where do I pick up my cap, gown and tickets for graduation?
GRADUATION FAIR – PICKING UP CAP, GOWN, and TICKETS
Please plan to spend at least 30 minutes at the graduation fair and please bring your photo ID. Each graduate who plans to attend the ceremony will receive a gown, a cap with a 2017 tassel, and eight tickets to the ceremony. The Graduation Fair will be held in the Student Center on both campuses during the following days and times:
- North Campus (Building 500) May 9, 2017 from 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM & 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- South Campus (Student Center in Building 3000) May 10, 2017 from 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM & 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
During the fair, you will:
- Complete a graduation survey.
- Verify the pronunciation of your name.
- Be introduced to the benefits of the Alumni Association.
- Have the opportunity to have graduation portraits taken by Grad Images.
- Pick up a gold tassel if you achieved a program GPA of 3.5 or above (Certificates are not eligible for gold tassels).
- Have the opportunity to order a class ring.
- Request extra tickets if needed and available from other graduates.
- Receive directions to the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center.
When can I expect to receive my diploma or certificate? How will I receive it?
Spring Graduate Awards will be mailed by June 15, 2017.
Summer Graduate Awards will be mailed by August 15, 2017.
Degrees, diplomas, and certificates will be mailed to the address you requested on your graduation application. If you need to change your address, please e-mail the updated information to email@example.com. Please note that these address updates will not be reflected in your student record. To make permanent changes to your student record, please update your address in WebAdvisor under the “Web Address Change” option.
What is the schedule for graduation day?
GRADUATION 2017: May 12, 2017 CEREMONY DAY
CEREMONY DAY SCHEDULE
Please leave your handbags and other personal items with your guests or family members. (Rowan-Cabarrus is not responsible for items left in Event Center A or in the Arena.)
- 1:00 PM: OPTIONAL - GRADUATION PICTURES
Grad Images will take Cap & Gown portraits from 1:00 to 2:30 PM in Event Center A. The photographer will also take pictures as graduates receive their diploma cover during the ceremony and you will have an opportunity to purchase these pictures. For further information, visit the Grad Images website.
- 2:00 PM: REPORT TO THE CHECK-IN TABLES
- 2:30 PM: LINE UP
At check-in, you will receive a program card. Locate the sign with your program of study and line up behind that sign. Staff and faculty will be available for assistance. We want to make sure you are able to participate in the ceremony, so please arrive on time because you may not be able to sit with your program if you are late, and depending on time of arrival, you may not be able to participate in the ceremony.
- 4:00 PM: CEREMONY BEGINS
It is our desire that your ceremony reflect the honor, respect, and dignity of this important day. In keeping with these goals, we ask that you observe the following guidelines and that you are aware of some special arena guidelines. Please share these with your guests. Please note that failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in you not being able to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Ceremony participants are expected to follow Rowan-Cabarrus behavior standards.
- Cell phones and any other electronic devices must be silenced during the ceremony.
- Appropriate clothing should be worn under your academic gown (e.g. dark slacks, dark dress or skirt, dark shoes). Long pants are appropriate.
- Unauthorized attachments to caps or gowns are not allowed.
- Balloons or other items cannot be carried during the ceremony.
- Appropriate stoles and chords may only be worn by members of Phi Theta Kappa, Sigma Alpha Pi, M.I.S.T.E.R., Student Nurses Association, and Phi Beta Lambda.
- Alcoholic beverages, weapons, noise making devices, gum-chewing, glass bottles, cans, beach balls and other inflatable items are not allowed in the ceremony.
What side of my cap do I wear my tassel?
TASSELS AND CAPS
- Wear tassel on the left side of the cap.
- Men should remove caps for the Invocation (opening prayer), and the Benediction (closing prayer) and put them back on immediately at the end of each prayer.
What if I need special assistance at the ceremony?
GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES
If you or your guests require special seating or other accommodations due to disabilities, the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center is Disability Accessible. If you need a seat on the arena floor, there is an elevator available. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Disability Services Advisor Holly Wagoner at (704) 216-3639.